January is upon us - the season of fresh leggings, gym memberships, and green shakes! Despite the bombardment of health and wellness ads, 2022 is the reboot we need. The new year brings hope, new beginnings, change, growth, and potential!
If 2021 had you feeling stuck in a rut, we’ve got you covered. Here are some inspiring and out-of-the-box resolutions anyone can practice.
5 Fresh New Year’s Resolutions for 2022
1. Practice Generosity Although we often associate generosity with finances, it can be shown through acts of service, words of encouragement, or the gift of time. Get creative in your giving by washing someone’s car, writing an encouraging note, or spending quality time with a friend. 2. Give Up Gossip for Good Whether we do it from a place of insecurity, boredom, or curiosity, gossip creates deep relational damage - weakening trust and killing intimacy. This year, be someone who says hard things to your friends' faces and good things behind their backs. 3. Make Healthy Relationship Choices The new year is a great time to reevaluate relationships, identify toxic people in your life, and make a plan to have healthy, thriving romantic relationships too. When it comes to romantic life, what decisions are you making today that will lead to the future you want? Start the year by defining your beliefs about sex. Do you know what you value and want, or is the media, culture, and your partner calling the shots? A pervading message in our world is that sex is purely recreational or “no big deal”.
However, science and psychology show that sex has a powerful effect on our bodies, souls, and minds. Setting sexual guidelines for yourself will honor your whole being and lead to a more vibrant life. 4. Break-up with a Bad Habit Negative habits are often fueled by unmet needs. Take time to reflect on why you may turn to a bad habit. After you’ve done some inner work, identify ways to avoid and respond to triggers. Create a proactive plan to conquer your bad habit and Invite a safe person to keep you accountable. 5. Cultivate Gratitude Misery and joy are often fueled by our focus, not our circumstances. When we choose to recognize, celebrate, and give thanks for all that is good, we are practicing gratitude. This modest, but powerful virtue has the power to transform our mood, emotions, and the way we experience life! Create a gratitude journal for 2022 and start each morning by focusing on what is good.
Five Tips For Achieving Your New Year’s Resolutions
Maybe you’ve made New Year's resolutions before - you splurged on the Lulus, stocked up on kale, and committed to yoga. However, by mid-February, your motivation had fizzled and the kale had become goo in the back of the fridge. Does this sound familiar? If so, you’re not alone.
The average person makes the same New Year’s resolution ten separate times without success. If you’re tired of short-lived resolutions, here are five tips for reaching your goals.
1. Limit Your Resolutions Taking on too many goals can lead to burnout. Choose one or two aspirations to focus on throughout the year.
2. Write Down Your Goals People who write down their goals are 42 percent more likely to accomplish them.
3. Tell a Friend Accountability to a mentor or someone you admire will help you stick to your intention.
4. Set Reachable Goals Throughout the Year Track your progress and celebrate incremental milestones. This practice will get you closer to the finish line.
5. Reward Yourself Small rewards reinforce positive behavior and fuel motivation toward your larger goal.
You’ve Got This!
Let 2022 be the year of positive steps towards change. Learn to track, recognize, and celebrate the inevitable growth that will take root and grow in your life. You can do it and we’re cheering you on!
If resolutions are the last thing on your mind right now because you think you may be pregnant or are considering abortion, make an appointment today.
We can help you figure out your next steps and plan your future. No matter what you’re facing, we know you are capable enough to be a parent and slay your goals.